Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Motion Properties

Motion Properties 6 years 4 months ago #347

• Loek
I draw a horizontal line from point (X, Y) 100,100 with a width of 550 and a height of 5

Next I want some dynamic movement. Therefore I use a PLC tag with a value of -100 to +100 (Visualizing the tag shows it's working fine).

To configure the Motion Object properties of the line the following setting are used:
- Motion property is enabled and point to the right tag
- Hotspot collection:
-- To: 100
-- TransX: 0
-- TransY: 550

I expect at tag value -100 the horizontal line starts @ 100,100
And with a tag value of 100 the horizontal line starts @ 100,650 and of course everything in between.
But what is see is when my tag value is between -100 and 100, nothing happens, but when tag > 100, the line move directly to 100,650? There's nothing in between.

What I'm missing
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Motion Properties 6 years 4 months ago #348

• fatkhrus
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 123
Hello Loek,

When value between -100 and 100 you should have translation to @100,650. When value <-100 and >100 you should not have translation and have line's position @100,100.
(you can see it on our example's pictures where Motion bind to Holding register).
This property doesn't let you to have smoothy motion and don't have intermediate values. If you want to have intermediate values you should enter more values in the Collection array.
For example: -100 - -90: @0, 50
-90 - -80 @0,100 and etc.
For a smoother display of the value change you should use other objects and properties like Analog meters and Filling property of Rectangle for example.

Best regards,
Ruslan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loek

Motion Properties 6 years 4 months ago #349

• Loek
Ok, that sounds clear to me!

But I was busy to create something to visual show a load balance. I've got 4 load cells and I want to determine the center of gravity. With the X-Axis determine if the most load is at the left or right side and with the Y-Axis if the load is at the front or rear. And of course everything in between. That's why I wanted to use an horizontal and vertical line where the cross shows the center of gravity. What should you suggest?

Regards,
Loek

Motion Properties 6 years 4 months ago #350

• fatkhrus
  • Administrator
If you want to show it by the motion of the lines there is only one way. As I write before you should increase number of elements of Collection in Motion property. The more elements the more smoothly the lines will move.

Regards,
Ruslan

Motion Properties 6 years 4 months ago #353

• Loek
That sounds easy! Unfortunately it doesn't work over here. Probably I'm missing something.

This part is working perfect!

But this one doesn't:

The line that is drawn at 70,570 won't move even 1 pixel...
What I'm overseeing?

Motion Properties 6 years 4 months ago #354

• fatkhrus
  • Administrator
Because you should enter From 90 To 100 not From 100 To 90. The value of the tag should be compared between From and To. x>90 and x<100.

Best regards,
Ruslan
  • Page:
Go to top