We have a contracted SCADA monitoring project for CNC machine tools older models in which the customer wants to integrate into TeslaSCADA and MTConnect equipment installed on newer models.
From this collaboration we have the opportunity to offer SCADA monitoring solutions for the field of CNC machines.
Can you help me with a gateway solution between OPC UA and MTConnect if it is too complicated to develop and integrate MTConnect in TeslaSCADA?
We have found more details in this document:
MTConnect OPC UA Companion Specification - Release Candidate 2.0.5
Who Will Find Benefit from this Companion Specification?
- This companion specification is written for those who:
- Have a clear understanding of both MTConnect and OPC UA.
- Want to implement communication products that incorporate the combined functions of both standards.
- Support backend solutions with OPC UA Server and MTConnect Agent.
- Develop or want to develop client software applications with OPC UA and MTConnect.
It's a big job to develop gateway solution between OPC UA and MTConnect. It's easier to integrate MTConnect into TeslaSCADA2. But it's also will take a time to develop drivers for MTConnect. You can try to use existed driver: www.kepware.com/en-us/products/kepserverex/drivers/mtconnect/ . As I understand it supports MTConnect protocol and provide OPC UA server to access OPC UA clients.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
TeslaSCADA 2 with MTConnect
3 months 5 days ago #758