Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: connection to common TCP server

connection to common TCP server 1 month 2 weeks ago #2881

• Anna
Good morning,
I'll send you some more information about my program.
I have this device wich communicate in TCP, but isn't modbus. This device is sufficent to set the follow parameters: IP and port. The device send a sort of string/array of data continuously. The data that i recive is for example: 202;3...
I tried to see your video about connection to common TCP server, and i simulated it for read the data. My simulation is the one I sent you yesterday. Yesterday you told me that I have to remove the for loop because it overwrites the array data, therefore in the photo of the program that I attach it today isn't there because I removed it. Morover i attach it to you also photo about the server settings and the tag settings.
I only need to see the data that my device continuously sends me, so since it sends me a series of data packets composed of integers, I thought of setting my variable called response_array as an array.
I don't know if it is correct to use an array type variable or it is better to use another type. I don't even know if it's correct to use an array variable and declare my server as a string, can you give me any suggestions?
I am sure that my device sends the data because in other systems I can see the packets, but I would like to use your software.
Thank you Ruslan.
Best regards.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

connection to common TCP server 1 month 2 weeks ago #2884

• fatkhrus
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 123
Hello,

We did test the Common TCP server in working only in the format Request/Response. I'm not sure it's possible to use it in the format of listening format. If you can't catch any answer from your device maybe it would not possible. But like you did in your by trying to directly get data from server to Tags.response_array, also not possible. You have to create intermediate array first like you did in first script and only then copy the local array into Tags.response_array.

Best regards,
Ruslan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anna

connection to common TCP server 1 month 2 weeks ago #2885

• Anna
Thank you Ruslan for your suggestion.
Unfortunately I need the server in listening functionality. Neither in read nor in write I can communicate with the server.
Thanks anyway, I'll have to look for another way.

Best regards
  • Page:
Go to top