Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Microsoft Excel Tag Import

Microsoft Excel Tag Import 4 years 3 months ago #921

• acorncontrols
Hi there
I have created a new project using TeslaSCADA IDE Version 2.30.2 and I made a digital and an analogue test tag. I then exported the tag database to Microsoft Excel by right-clicking in the tag area and selecting 'Export tags to Excel'. This worked ok and I then modified the excel spreadsheet using the format of the two test tags to create the tags I need for my project. I then saved and closed the Excel file and tried to 'Import tags from Excel', however none of my new tags will import to my project. I then tried deleting the red shaded area and the column titles from the top of the spreadsheet to leave just raw data but it still will not import the tags.

Could you help me with this please as there is no procedure described in the manual.

Thanks
Steve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft Excel Tag Import 4 years 3 months ago #922

• fatkhrus
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 123
Hello Steve,

When you import to Excel you'll get two sheets. First sheet consists of list of tags and second sheet consists of Settings information. It will be done to get possibility to Export and Import complex tags trees with groups and subgroups. The second sheet contains "The number of tags are used" parameter. You have to change this parameter also when adding new tags. Also you have to watch that name of new tags not to be the same of existing tag's names.

Best regards,
Ruslan

Microsoft Excel Tag Import 4 years 3 months ago #923

• acorncontrols
Hi Ruslan
I'm still having problems with this. I exported to Excel from my project with 2 test tags, I then added to this a tag I created in Excel, I changed the number of tags from 2 to 3 on the second spreadsheet tab. However I still cannot import the spreadsheet.

Regards
Steve

Microsoft Excel Tag Import 4 years 3 months ago #924

• fatkhrus
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 123
Hello Steve,

Send me you Excel file by E-mail.

Best regards,
Ruslan

Microsoft Excel Tag Import 4 years 3 months ago #925

• acorncontrols
Thanks for your email reply Ruslan, it worked perfectly.

The problem is that cell where contains information about number of tags (in you case 3) is considered like Numeric.
But TeslaSCADA handle it like String. This situation didn’t happen before. In the next version we’ll solve this problem.
Now you can manually make the cell type is Text in Microsoft Excel and try to import again.
Go to top