Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Email and sms function deosn't work

Email and sms function deosn't work 2 years 2 months ago #1763

Hello
I'm having trouble with email and SMS notifications. currently working on a big system with 50+ tags that give notification with email, telegram, and SMS. Unfortunately, other than telegram it doesn't work. I have an inkling that it might've been because the amount of notifications that appear at the start of runtime is quite massive at around 2 to 3 notifications a second for 1-2 minutes. this appears because most data are saved in server using PV input server function. when the data load from server, it trigger all the alarm.
i tried using a smaller program with only 1 manual alarm that use the same notification setting (the one in project properties, event & history section) as the big system and it works as intended in sending email and SMS
Thank you
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by kurotsubaki.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Email and sms function deosn't work 2 years 2 months ago #1765

• fatkhrus
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 123
Hello
I think you're right the reason of your problems is sending quite massive messages per second. E-mails can be blocked with anti spam systems. And if you use GSM modem for sending SMS, usually these devices are working through serial ports and there are not so fast to send SMS so fast. I don't understand the reason why your server is sending messages so fast, but in this case maybe its better to use sendemail ST script function for notifications and skip these massive of messages.

Best regards,
Ruslan

Email and sms function deosn't work 2 years 2 months ago #1767

rather than the server sending the data, it's more like all the tags are loading data from the server and that action is triggering all the alarms in those 50+ tags while they load

Email and sms function deosn't work 2 years 2 months ago #1768

• fatkhrus
  • Administrator
I've understood. Try to escape these actions for all tags. It's unusual situation that all tags are become in alarm. I think E-mail servers are not lets so many messages will be sent at the same time. These all messages will be blocked like a spam messages.

Best regards,
Ruslan

Email and sms function deosn't work 2 years 2 months ago #1769

and it still won't send the notification even though the wave of notification had died down after the initial load to about a message every 5 minutes. the modem used even needs a restart before it can be used again. so, does that mean that when the notification failed to send a message, the function to send email stopped as well?

Email and sms function deosn't work 2 years 2 months ago #1770

• fatkhrus
  • Administrator
It's possible that when you try to send many SMS messages through GSM modem it's needed to be restarted after that. GSM modem works through COM port. It's very slow and it takes time to make connection every time when you try to send AT commands to it. And if you send so much messages at the same time GSM modems could have problems and needed to be restarted.

Best regards,
Ruslan
  • Page:
Go to top