Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Call and close popup screen

Call and close popup screen 3 years 11 months ago #1036

• IanB
Hi..
I can see that FBD scripts have blocks to call a popup screen, but can it be done from within an ST script? If so a sample of code would be appreciated.
Next question: is it possible to close a popup screen from within a script running as a collection of that same screen.
Thanks
Ian
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Call and close popup screen 3 years 11 months ago #1037

• fatkhrus
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 123
Hello Ian,
No, unfortunately it's not possible to call popup screens from ST scripts.
And you can't close screen from script at all neither by using FBD script or ST script languages.

Best regards,
Ruslan

Call and close popup screen 3 years 9 months ago #1075

• IanB
Hi Ruslan
This topic is similar to the above but is a little different.

The functionality I am looking for is this:
Ideally I would have a button that when pressed would set a value in a Tag and then call a screen.
The screen would then use the value in the passed Tag to display the values in other Tags that are associated with the number in the original passed Tag. (This part I have working already)

Calling a screen from a button is easy. So is setting a Tag value from a button.
But how to set a Tag value and then call the screen, from the same button press has me foxed.

The other option is to have the user press the button and call the screen, then have to navigate within that screen.
Ideally I am trying to avoid that.

I hope that I have explained this clearly
Thanks
Ian

Call and close popup screen 3 years 9 months ago #1076

• fatkhrus
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 123
Hello Ian,

Did you watch the video tutorial about last released version: teslascada.com/videotutorials/teslascada...ls/356-indirect-tags
In the last version we've implemented possibility to put some data in global storage when you call screen and then get it in the scripts. You can use these script commands to set a value in the tag and call screen at the same moment. Also we've added possibility to call info message boxes in ST scripts. Maybe it would be helpful.
Unfortunately we don't have option at this moment that doesn't let user navigate screen.

Best regards,
Ruslan.
Go to top